Today, the majority of traditional retailers are capitalizing on Amazon marketing services
(AMS) to take advantage of the platform’s tremendous sales growth. Amazon is a vast internet-based enterprise that continues to dominate the online marketplace. With more than 8.5 million total retailers and 2.1 million active sellers
, Amazon steadily rises to the top of the eCommerce industry.
According to an article published by Forbes, approximately 64 percent of U.S. households are Amazon Prime members. This means that $4 out of $10 online purchases are made with Amazon
. Evidently, AMS is painting the future of the retail industry. As online sales increase by leaps and bounds, however, brick-and-mortar store turnovers dwindle.
Is your business ready to transition from traditional in-person marketing to online selling? Now, more than ever, entering the Amazon advertising market is crucial to keep your business afloat. Increase your product inquiries and boost your sales in no time with the help of a reliable Amazon marketing agency.
In this post, we’ve discussed the basics of Amazon marketing service, its benefits to your business and how you can maximize an Amazon marketing company to achieve your sales goals and grow your profitability.
Amazon marketing service is an advertising solution launched in 2012 to help businesses differentiate their brand in the online marketplace. Amazon marketing allows online sellers to create targeted ads that will appear on key locations of the search results page.
With Amazon marketing service, you can:
- Increase your brand visibility with customized ads
- Choose where your ads appear (i.e., desktop, mobile devices, external sites, etc.)
- Launch targeted ads, depending on analytics results
- Build consumer trust
- Provide detailed product features
- Drive more traffic to your branded pages
Optimize Your Amazon Product Listings
Amazon product listing is the product page for each item you sell on the platform. A well-optimized product listing can increase your click-through rates (CTRs), boost your conversions and lead to better customer reviews.
There are six pillars that make up an effective product listing. These are product titles, images, key features, descriptions, questions and answers (Q&A) and product reviews and ratings. By carefully optimizing each element, you improve your search visibility, attract more loyal customers and generate more sales.
Product listing optimization starts with in-depth keyword research. Utilize Amazon keyword research tool Sonar
to find relevant product keywords based on customer intent and market trends. Once you’ve finished your keyword research, the next step is revamping your product listing.
Be sure to follow the best practice guidelines:
- Craft keyword-optimized, descriptive titles
- Use relevant search terms on the product descriptions
- Optimize texts for humans and machines
- Place high-resolution images
- Update the Q&A section regularly
- Increase your reviews and ratings
Create Delightful Shopping Experiences
Amazon has a huge market share of products. With millions of brands competing in Amazon, how can you ensure your brand stands out? The key is to provide your customers with the best shopping experience possible.
Results of the Wunderman Commerce survey
revealed that 72 percent of online shoppers are more likely to convert with retailers that provide innovative solutions.
More than offering lower prices, focus on strengthening your customer relationships. Attract loyal shoppers by providing loyalty programs, convenient delivery options and specialized product ranges. More importantly, ensure your customers get personalized service when they shop with your brand.
Leverage Ad Placements
Amazon allows you to launch three different types of ads to promote your brand offerings: sponsored product ads, product display ads and headline search ads.
- Sponsored product ads are advertisements that drive online shoppers directly to the specific product listing. These are keyword-targeted ads, which are typically displayed above or below the search results page. You can choose from exact or broad match keywords and control your ad spending and duration.
- Product display ads are product- or interest-targeted ads displayed at the top of the listings page, on the customer review page or at the right or bottom of the search results. Product display ads are useful in targeting a specific competitor or launching new products.
- Headline search ads are banner ads that appear above the result listing. These ads lead online shoppers to a specific branded page. You can utilize headline search ads to promote more than three products at the same time.
Amazon’s advertising landscape is constantly changing. Even the most seasoned Amazon marketing company has to take its marketing efforts up a notch to execute effective ad campaigns.
You will have to monitor thousands of keywords per product, create and maintain ad campaigns and gain granular control over your ad groups to achieve the highest possible sales. So what’s the secret to a well-structured pay-per-click (PPC) campaign?
Engage Directly With Your Customers
Establishing a robust connection with your customers is one of the best ways to provide high-quality brand experience. Although Amazon does not allow retailers to contact online shoppers via email or phone directly, you can still engage with your customers using the platform.
The article was published at Top Tips to Grow Your Business With Amazon Marketing Services